Since 2008, The Literacy House has been helping children with language-based difficulties in a calm and supportive environment, and through a strategic approach tailored to each child’s needs.
We are specialists in our field, and we are proud of the results we’ve achieved for hundreds of students in the Albury area.
We believe in a holistic approach. This allows us to focus on the individual journey of each child – their strengths, their areas of need, and their capacity to respond to instruction.
At our first consultation, we’ll talk through current challenges, and how we can create a program to find solutions. Throughout each child’s program, we keep our communication open with parents and carers, this includes:
- An assessment of current abilities and skills.
- An analysis of the assessment including individual history. This helps us to develop of an effective program or combination of programs to meet each student’s needs.
- Ongoing monitoring of improvement, and the incorporation of additional supports when needed.
Evidenced based practice
The Literacy House provides a research and evidence-based approach to reading and writing improvement. We are continuously updating our programs, drawing upon our knowledge from the research and practice of the following theories and institutions:
- Five from Five (Centre for Independent Studies)
- International Dyslexia Association
- Learning Difficulties Australia
- Macquarie University
- The Jim Rose report